Saturday, May 12, 2012

Post-op Day One

We asked the nurse to call us during the night if she was taken of the vent, and I got a call around 2:30 this morning that she was off the vent!!  Praise the Lord!  She seems to be doing great and she's even had a wipe down.  Seems after being taken of the vent, she threw up all over the place so the nurse didn't have a choice. We made it to the hospital around 8 a.m. and when I walked in she was sleeping like an angel.  Brian was able to get Lily inside the unit to blow kisses to Charlotte.  Lily has asked so many questions, and it is so hard to make her understand what's going on. 
It was so nice to see her beautiful face.  I walked up beside the bed and she opens her eyes and I tell her good morning, and she says "good morning mama".  It was the sweetest words, her little voice cracked and low.  I wanted to pick her up and hug her, but I know that is impossible right now, soon though.  I am staying with her as much as I can.  Charlotte is still really sleepy and that's good because she needs the rest.  We sneak out for lunch while she sleeps and back as soon as we are finished.  It seems that when Charlotte sleeps, her oxygen level drops, so the doctor wants her on O2 while she sleeps to help keep it up.  While she is awake, it runs 88% and higher.  When she sleeps, it runs in the high 70's low 80's.  You can tell in the picture that Charlotte isn't to happy with the O2.  She gave her nurse a fight when it was time to get the nasal cannula put on.  I don't blame her to much, all the tape they use always irritates her skin and she claws at it.  I keep telling the nurses to use a different tape, but everything this go round has tore her skin up.  I just pray that the Lord helps her though all this and we get out of here in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment