Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Home bound :)

Six days, the longest six says of our lives since out last stay in Charleston (Charlotte's birth) and finally we get the green light to go home.  Brian has gone with Charlotte to x-ray and echo and I stayed behind to make a few phone calls.  Around 1p.m. the doctor came in and announced that as long as the reports of the x-ray and echo come back normal we get to leave today.  I am so ready to get home, back to my children, our life, back to being normal.  About an hour later the doctor comes back in and informs me that everything looks good, he is waiting the final report, but we are getting discharged!!!  I hug this man, the doctor, and I head straight to the echo department to find Brian and Charlotte.  I want to tell them the GREAT news!!  Seems that the echo took a little longer that I thought because when I got there, I had to wait about 5 minutes before the door opened.  I didn't want to disturb the tech knowing so I just waited.  When the door opened, Brian is carrying Charlotte out to the wagon and I just started crying.  Brian is all worried and all I can say is "home".  I think after a few minutes, Brian finally understood what I was telling him.  As we walk down the hall, I finally get it together enough to tell him everything looked good to the doctor and we were being discharged.  We get back to the room and I get everything all packed up, Brian takes it to Ronald McDonald House and he packs everything there so that when we are ready to leave all we have to do is put it in the truck.  It's probably 1ish by this time and we decide to head to the cafeteria to get lunch because Charlotte is hungry.  We wanted to eat somewhere else seeing as we've ate hospital food but o-well.  We didn't get back to the room and seated when the nurse walks in with discharge instructions.  Brian said, "I knew this would happen".  Charlotte ate half my pizza and right as the nurse was finishing up instructions, Charlotte thew up all over herself :(  I am about to panic thinking we are going to have to stay.  Seems that the wet cough is a little drainage as well and it has made her tummy sick.  I am surprised that we are getting to leave but THANK GOD we are out of here!!  I am so happy, but I think Charlotte is more excited and happy than I am.
    I thought when I laid out her clothes that the shirt I chose was fitting for the occasion.  It tells a story that only a heart family would understand.  We head back to RMH, pack up the truck and head to the ponderosa.  We get home before the girls get there, but we are waiting outside for them.  When they get out of the truck, Charlotte runs to the girls and they run to her :) such a sweet sight.  It gets a little crazy having everyone together, but I sure have missed the crazy and loud giggles and screams of all of the girls playing together.  The sound of laughter is music to my ears.  I am so glad to be home, THANK YOU LORD for all your blessings and answered prayers! 

Just a little note, there was a little girls names Katherine in the bed beside Charlotte in PCICU.  Her parents have just found out that Katherine is in need of a heart transplant.  The day we left PCICU, they had found out that Katherine had been approved and placed on the transplant list.  Please keep this family in your prayers!!  Also, I met another couple that live in Boiling Springs that have a daughter named Kirby.  Please keep this family in your prayers as they travel the road of unknown like so many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment