Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Post-op Day Five

Charlotte has done well through all of this so far.  Last night was a little rough because of the IV:( The nurse was kind enough to run the meds through slowly and it seemed to help.  Finally Charlotte is up and ready to troll around the hospital.  She's funny, when we get her out of the room, she cries when we have to go back and she just begs us to take her "dis way" as she points in the opposite direction of the room.  We got her out to the Atrium this morning, and she had so much fun.  Our room overlooks the Atrium and there are kites and things hanging from the ceiling and she had been begging to go since we have been on 8D.  Charlotte has a love for trains, so when she found the train table she didn't want to play with anything else. 
I must admit it is a little challenging getting her around with a monitor attached to her with wires that hang.  Finally I just decide to let it lay on the floor and let her drag it around, what could it hurt?  Saves my back that's for sure!!  I know with all the walking and playing it makes for a really tired little girl.  Today has been a little concerning for Brian and I.  Charlotte just looks weary, and her eyes are a little sunken in.  Then she tells me she wants to potty and when I sit her on the potty she screams and cries:(  I think she is constipated and I have asked for some miralax, I just hope it works quick.  Charlotte hasn't had anything to eat most of the day, and that bothers me a little.  Usually she eats one meal a day, but so far nothing.  Brian and I took her to the cafeteria to see if she saw something she wanted for lunch........Pickles, dill pickles.  I can't believe she has picked pickles for lunch, but hey if that's what she wants.  It's Poop time in room 831:)  I think if you could smell it all the way to Spartanburg if you tried!!  I am so Thankful that she has pooped, she acts some better now!  Supper time and we take her back, "chickalay" is what she has spotted this time.  I don't believe it, but she ate two strips of chicken and drank a orange crush.  We got great news that Charlotte's meds have been changed over to oral and the one dose of the second fluid medicine was all she needed, so no more IV, Thank you LORD!      

No comments:

Post a Comment