Monday, March 14, 2011

Cardiology Appointment

Charlotte had an appointment with Dr. Horne, our Cardiologist, on March 1st, and it ended up being a good appointment.  When we got to the office, the nurse checked Charlotte's O2 level and the machine read 90% and I laughed.  Charlotte has never had an O2 level of 90 %, so I asked the nurse to take it again.  The second time the level read 82-83%.  Dr. Horne tells Brian and I that things still look good to him and he just wants to watch her a few more months.  I must admit that it is music to my ears because honestly I was fearing the worst when we got to the appointment.  I am on pins and needles just waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I fear that one appointment we are going to get the news that Charlotte needs to have the Glenn procedure, this is step two, and it just makes my stomach hurt thinking about it.  Well, before we left, I asked the nurse to check her O2 sats again just to ease my mind.  This time, the nurse uses the O2 machine that is in the hospitals, and her sats are running 77 - 80 %.  So with all this said, I am praying to the Lord that all this is still related to Charlotte being congested, and that when she is finally over all this crud, her sats go back to 85%.

No comments:

Post a Comment