Monday, March 14, 2011

Doctors, Doctors, and more Doctors.

Charlotte seems to be having a hard time getting over what ever this is making her sick!  This makes the third trip to the doctor since we have been home from the hospital, and I am sick of going to the doctor!  Charlotte had to be seen today at the Pediatrician's office due to the snotty nose and cough that just want go away.  Well Dr. Donna checks Charlotte over and she has another ear infection.  This makes the third ear infection in the last two months!  This makes me worried, because I don't want any talk of tubes!!!  Seems that Charlotte may be suffering from allergies too.  Charlotte has to take Zyrtec and nasanex for two weeks to see if they help her any.  Then there is her O2 levels.  I check Charlotte's O2 level at least once a day, usually at night when she is asleep and I get 77 - 80%.  The machine at the office usually reads higher, so I took mine to see how they corresponded.  Today, both machines read 79%.  Dr. Donna asked me when we go back to the Cardiologist and I tell her May.  I tell her that the Cardiologist thinks Charlotte's O2 level decrease is due to the virus and congestion, but Dr. Donna says that her O2 level wouldn't be affected that much by the sickness.  I get the impression that Charlotte is out growing her shunt??? 

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you took her into see the doctor, but I hate that she has yet another ear infection. Ugh.... I will be praying that the Zyrtec and Nasonex relieve her nose and congestion. Poor baby. (and poor Mommy, because as all Mommy's know, if the baby is sick the Mommy is not sleeping)!

    Love you girl!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete