Friday, March 18, 2011

Charleston

My friend Rhonda and her son Mason are in Charleston because Mason has had his 2nd stage heart repair.  Well Rhonda has been in Charleston for what 6 weeks now, and looks like they are going to be there at least a few more because Mason has had a few bumps in the road to recovery.  As Rhonda wold say, Mason is just doing things "his way".  My family has really been praying for Mason to get better so they get to come home.  I know the toll of being away from home and being stuck in that hospital and it wears a person out!  Mason had to have surgery yesterday at 7:30 a.m. and I knew that Rhonda would be at the hospital and I hated the thought of that so ........... I decided to pack up and  head down.  I was a little worried because I have never driven that far alone with Charlotte and I was a little worried how she would do.  Amazingly, Charlotte did great, she slept almost the whole way down and back.  We made it to the hospital and stayed with Rhonda while she waited.  When the call came that she was allowed in PCICU, we said our goodbye's and we walked her to the door and left.  It was an answered prayer that Mason did well for the surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment