Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surprise... We are home!

The only great-grandparent's Charlotte have are my mother's parents, Ralph and Margaret.  They have been unable to visit us in Charleston because they don't travel well.  This ordeal has been very hard for my family, especially for my grandparents because we have been so far away, and because they can't visit.  With that said, Brian and I decided on the way home to surprise my grandparents, not to mention we have another load of breast milk we need to store in their deep freezer!  So not wanting to spoil the surprise we didn't tell anyone we were coming home.  We pull up in the yard and believe it or not Ralph and Margaret didn't even know we were there.  Ralph is in the back yard watering the tomatoes and we drove right passed him to get to the building where the deep freezer is kept, and he didn't even look up!  My grandfather doesn't have the best eye sight so it's not surprising to me that he didn't see us.  I get Charlotte out of the truck and walk up to him and tell him there is someone wanting to meet her great grandfather.  I wish I had had the video camera rolling to catch his expressions.  I think I scared him at first until he realized it was me, then when he realized I was holding Charlotte, he started to cry.  We walk in the house and Margaret thinks it is Ralph, so when I walk in the living room, she starts to cry too.  It is emotional to see them cry, but knowing they have been praying for Charlotte, this is a miracle for them to see her.  We leave Ralph and Margaret's and head home.  We pass by my in-laws where our older girls are staying and decide to stop and get them.  They have no idea we are home and it's late so boy were they surprised when we knocked on the door.  Maggie and Anna were already asleep, but I had to wake them up!  I was so excited to see them I couldn't leave them asleep.  When they finally woke up, realizing it was me waking them, they screamed "MOMMY, you are home!"  It was such a wonderful moment, hugging and crying and then they realized Charlotte was home too!  It was a beautiful moment to have the five of us together, now if we could just get the other two we would be complete.
     After having a wonderful first night at home, we head back to my grandparents for lunch because my mom is bringing Emma and Lily to visit.  We get there before my mom does, so we are hiding out in the kitchen when she gets in and seated.  I wait a few minutes and walk in the living room with Charlotte and mom screams out, "O Lord, when did y'all get here?"  But out of all this, the best thing was seeing my girls!  Having all four of them hanging all over me, hugging, kissing, laughing, and just being together, now that is an answered prayer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment