Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

  Hello my sweet girls!  It's saturday afternoon and Harold and Sophie have brought the older girls to Charleston to visit with us and meet their baby sister for the first time.  O my Lord this is such a wonderful surprise for Brian and I because we have been in Charleston since April 29th.  I miss my girls so much but it's a bitter sweet visit, the girls are not allowed in the PCICU.  I want to spend as much time as I can with them, because I don't know how long it will be before the next visit.  We have spoken to the surgeon and gotten all the information about the surgery and when it's scheduled.  From what I can gather, Dr. Bradley will insert a BT shunt from the aorta to the pulmonary artery, and open the pulmonary valve with a patch.  We are scheduled for surgery May 11th @ 8:00 A.m.  Christine is our nurse again tonight, and she tells us if everything is quiet, the girls can visit!  We get to the hospital around 10 p.m. amd the girls get to meet their sister for the first time.  This is a moment that will live in my heart forever!  For all of us to be together as a family for the first time is AWSOME! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment