Monday, February 27, 2012

Heart Cath TIme :(

So it is official, It's Heart Cath time again.  I received our letter in the mail last Friday with instructions for the Cath, but the phone call came this morning..... "Ms. Cooper, this is David, one of the nurses from MUSC Children's Hospital needing to go over instructions concerning Charlotte's Heart cath."  I felt that lump in my throat and found that I had a hard time swallowing.  It has been a year and 5 months since our last cath, and I just pray to GOD that we get good results.  I understand that this cath will be a little different from the last.  This time the Dr. will try to do some ballooning and maybe coiling collateral vessels, so if all that is done, Charlotte will have to stay the night in the hospital.  I think after her last cath, staying the night might be a good thing.  This way the nurses can monitor her closely and make sure that she doesn't get another partial bowel obstruction! 

Last night, Brian was playing with Charlotte and they were laughing and having such a good time, and I heard him ask her if wanted to go to Charleston and she said "yes."  Then I heard him say, "no you wouldn't if you knew why we were going!"  I must admit that I am a little nervous this trip.  Charlotte hasn't had any kind of surgery since she was 9 days old, and normally, these kids have surgery around 6 months old, then again between 2 -3 years of age.  Charlotte's Cardiologist decided at 6 months old she could wait for surgery to see how she grew and how her heart grew and functioned.  So we have waited and waited and waited and now it's game time, so we wait and see how this waiting game has played out.  I pray that we are on the winning team!!!        

1 comment: