Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cough, Cough, Cough, Cough...........

Lets start at the beginning.....  Starting in November, Charlotte started getting this really terrible cough and runny nose, so after about a week or so I finally broke down and took her to see the Pediatrician.  Started her off on an antibiotic and so the story goes.......Here it is February and 5 rounds of antibiotics and nebulizer treatments and allergy medicines and chest xrays and finger sticks, AND still no better.  I think I have been to the Pediatricians office at least twice the last several weeks and I jokingly told them I wanted a room to stay in.  Dr. Donna has called Cardiology and Dr. Horne agrees that it its a virus, but why is a virus hanging on sooooo long???  I have pondered taking the girls out of school until I can get her better because we have a heart cath coming up.  Last night I had to call the Cardio Phone nurse because Charlotte's sat's were running 68-69 and they have never been that low before and I was worried.  Seems after talking with the Dr. on call, our April 2nd heart cath may be moved up til Feb/March.  I have been praying that her low sat level is only due to the cold that she has, but it worries me because she's been battling this for  months and this is the first time her sats have tanked :(  We also get to see a Pulmonologist this week per Dr. Horne, so I am a little anxious to see what the Pulmonologist has to say if anything???  Guess time will tell. 

1 comment: