Monday, May 28, 2012

Post-Op Check

Charlotte had an appointment with Dr. Horne for her post-op check.  The best thing about the appointment was to see Charlotte's oxygen level was 92%.  Thank you Lord !!  I was really dreading this appointment because I thought Dr. Horne might take out the stitches that Charlotte has in her tummy.  Charlotte thinks that her stitches are a spider, it's really cute.  I can ask her where her spider is and she will pull her shirt up.  I don't know how she came up with "spider" because if we are outside and she sees a spider she screams bloody murder, so I would have thought it would scare her to have a spider on her tummy??? 
 
Anyway, Dr. Horne wanted to wait til the following Tuesday to remove the stitches and have a chest x-ray to make sure the plural effusion had totally resolved.  I was hoping that he would have an x-ray during the visit because Charlotte has had a wet cough that doesn't seem to be getting better and I wonder if it's related to the effusion, or allergies?  I pray that it is only allergy related so that maybe allergy medicine will take care of her symptoms.  The only thing that worries me is that it is more apparent at night when she lays down.  I think that I will call the pediatrician Saturday morning and see what she thinks.  I know I am probably over thinking things, but I get worried very easily when it comes to Charlotte.  I hate  to think that something could be going on with her lungs and me wait til Tuesday for the x-ray, I would never forgive myself.  Besides, the only time she complains about anything is when she coughs.  She gets this look on her face and I can tell it hurts and she tells me "I ok mama, I ok".  Bless her little heart.

I decided to call the Pediatrician on Saturday and she agreed with me that Charlotte is suffering from allergies.  Charlotte's x-ray looked good so I am feeling much better about the labored breathing at night.  I think maybe the muscles in her chest are just tight and it hurts when she lays flat.  Glad we got the x-ray out of the way instead of having it at the cardiology office.  Lord, I pray that you heal my little angel, and help her overcome the pain that she is suffering from.     

No comments:

Post a Comment