Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Waiting Game

Well, as you know we have been playing the waiting game, waiting to see if surgery is now or later.  I hate the waiting game, it is so hard to just sit and wait for the phone to ring, and when it finally does, I feel sick all over my body. 

Dr. Horne called on Thursday, March 22th to inform us that he had gotten an e-mail from Dr. Bradley and they were in discussion about what is best for Charlotte.  o we sit and wait while they discuss options.  Dr. Horne was leaving for a conference and would only be in touch by e-mail, but promised that as soon as he heard from Dr. Bradley he would call us to let us know the game plan.  I had my home phone forwarded to my cell every day to catch a much anticipated call from Dr. Horne and nothing.  Like always, we go to my parents house for supper on Thursday's and me thinking it was after 6, I didn't forward the phone.  When we came home, a message on the machine from Dr. Horne.  I felt a knot in my stomach as I hit the play button, and the voice started, "Mr. & Mrs. Cooper, this is Dr. Horne".................At first, I couldn't hear what Dr. Horne was telling us in the message for kicking myself for not forwarding the phone before we left for my parents.   We listened to the message 3 times just to make sure we understood him~ everyone agrees that it is for the best that Charlotte have surgery now instead of waiting.  I am expecting daughter # 6 in 10 weeks or less and Charlotte will need my undivided attention for a while, especially after surgery and once home.  So, with the birth looming near, the clock is ticking for us to get to Charleston and home before the baby.

Well, it has been the longest two weeks of my life waiting for the call, and FINALLY today we got it.  The first call, the lady said she had two dates for us to choose, July and then my mind goes blank.  JULY, really, July???  All I can think is, "This isn't BEFORE the baby and I thought that was the plan."  So I inform the scheduler what I was told and she said she would call me back.  About two hours later the phone rings again, This time Diane is on the line telling me that the Surgery date is May 9th.  Honestly, I am so sick right now fighting strep that I haven't had time to think about surgery.  Now that I am getting over it, I am scared to death............. because I will have 5 weeks til I am due and that is if I go full term!!!  I have joked with Brian that we go to Charleston with Charlotte, and come home with Charlotte and a new baby!!!  That would be my luck.

Well, I just have to trust knowing the Lord is in control and that all of this is happening in His time.  He has a plan and I just have to follow.  I must admit, it isn't as easy as I would like, but I will follow!!   

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you as you follow! I'm so glad to serve a God that CAN BE TRUSTED.
    Looking forward to seeing you next Sat at the 5k!

    Jennifer Scruggs

    ReplyDelete